• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pyro Calibration?

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have an Isspro pyro gauge that I want to check for proper calibration. Anyone know the voltage level that the unpowered, K?, thermocouple puts out at 1200 degrees?

All I could find is this:
ISSPRO Product Categories

But I have a DC power supply, so if I knew the proper voltage I could check for calibration.

Thanks,
Ed

Boatcarpenter

FMJ
The resistance in the leadwires should be 0.23 ohms per foot per wire for starters. If you don't get that check for oil, grease or looseness at the terminals. The pyrometer is calibrated for use with 6 to 15 foot leadwires. At least that is what it says in my instructions.
Maybe helps, maybe not, but that's what I can tell ya!!
BC

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hmmm, going to need to add that to the calc I guess.

Unless they (Isspro) already did, but then the numbers for a 6, and a 15 should be different?

Boatcarpenter

FMJ- don't know the answer to your query about different resistance for different lengths.
Attached the instructions that came with my unit. Perhaps that is part of the reason they say the accuracy of the system will be within 2% at 1200 deg. under average operating conditions.
Open in new window and you can probably read it.
BC

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks