• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pyro Gauge and Boost gauge

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My pyro gauge came from a truck salvage yard, cost me $20, the thermocouple came from Hewitt Industries (Google it) and cost about $40.
The "boost" gauge is an industrial pressure gauge with a range of 0-20 psi. It cost $10 new.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have autometer boost/pyrometer guages. The boost guage was about $45 and the pyrometer was $135 (including sending unit), I got them through summitracing.com. They usually have the best prices around, another good online store is jegs.com. Ebay has some good deals too.

Armada

Bjorn,
I really like your gage set-up. I am adding the gages also when I swap out my turbo.
I checked out the Hewitt site for thermocouples. Do you recall what the part number was for the thermocouple you installed? Any installation do's/don'ts? How far upstream from turbo should it be installed? How difficult is the cast iron manifold to drill and tap? Also, what are the average boost and EGT readings associated with the turbo (in order to get the correct range gage). Sorry for all the questions, thanks for any advice!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks