• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PYRO-maniac

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, I'm a maniac.

I've been needing (er, wanting) a pyro for sometime, so I finally ordered one and installed it today. Ordered it from Diesel Manor, and it arrived fine. I did ask for a 24vdc one, but got a 12vdc instead. I needed it for this weekend, so I installed it anyway, just ran a wire off one battery for the 12vdc. Didn't have time or my real tools to make a gage holder, so some rag and a hose clamp and I'm in business!

Also added a 20amp circuit breaker for the convoy lights, the firewall was already pre-drilled! Got a cool dome light, but didn't get a chance to put it in yet. I should have done that first, then I could have seen what I was doing with the rest!

Attachments

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been wanting to get a pyro myself so I can play with the fuel setting :D . As far as mounts go, Cranetruck has a nice little box for his that is pictured in his article in MVM. Maybe he will post up where he got it.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Adam, I like the way you hook up your circuit breakers, the single wire approach. :)

Use proper procedures when connecting thermocouple leads or you'll end up with erroneous readings.

The box I use is one of many (good) enclosures that have been posted on this site, but mine is made by Hoffman, available at electrical supply houses, Graybar etc.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
cranetruck said:
Adam, I like the way you hook up your circuit breakers, the single wire approach. :)

Use proper procedures when connecting thermocouple leads or you'll end up with erroneous readings.

The box I use is one of many (good) enclosures that have been posted on this site, but mine is made by Hoffman, available at electrical supply houses, Graybar etc.
Ok, I thought the box was military in nature. It does look like it belongs there.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Nice Adam:
I often wonder when mistakes like 12 Volt for 24 Volt are made who is working at the shop? I do like the idea of having one on the truck. I hope to add one to each of my diesels at some point in the future. I have a few digital ones that I got from GL a few years back all of them work and have various probes and come in a plastic box, very nice items to test temorary heat ranges.

Do you have the link for Diesel Manor?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks