• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pyro prep

bigkaiser

Alright,
Got my twin pyros, leads, thermocouples. Definitely going the pre turbo, drill the manifold route. I know I need the turbo to manifold gasket, any other gaskets or duece specific stuff I need to pre order?

houdel

Actually I did mine without replacing any parts/gaskets. The turbo gasket came off w/o any damage so I just reused it. Second turbo I pulled out, gasket stuck to both the turbo and manifold and got trashed. I've seen some suggest you can install the turbo w/o a gasket but I wouldn't do it. I'd suggest having a spare turbo gasket on had just in case. I can't think of any other replaceables needed to R&R the turbo.

JDToumanian

The only other gaskets I can think of are the two exhaust gaskets, one on each side of the flex pipe that couples the turbo to the j-pipe. They like to crumble when you take them off.

Jon

Pappa-G

PM Armada he did a really nice job on his. It is set up with a dual needle EGT and a Boost gaugemounted in the same "pod" above the steering collum.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks