• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

pyrometer failure

davidb56

My EGT gauge took a dump. I have supply voltage, good ground, but the gauge is dead. it doesn't light up or turn on, so that eliminates the sender probe. I contacted the supplier, "The Sensor connection" about sending it to them for repair. Its about 6-9 months old. I'll update their reply when I get one. BTW I bought it from them because its made in the USA.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had an issue with my "Westach" gauge that had similar symptoms and was dead. I sent it in, they sent it back "tested, adjusted". No word about a repair. Worked fine ever since. No repair charge but clearly fixed. Felt a little like Rolls Royce service ("Sir, you must be mistaken. Our vehicles do not break") :) I think it still pays off to buy made in North America. Good luck with your gauge!

davidb56

I had an issue with my "Westach" gauge that had similar symptoms and was dead. I sent it in, they sent it back "tested, adjusted". No word about a repair. Worked fine ever since. No repair charge but clearly fixed. Felt a little like Rolls Royce service ("Sir, you must be mistaken. Our vehicles do not break") :) I think it still pays off to buy made in North America. Good luck with your gauge!
They called me at 7 am this morning and said they would replace it free of charge under warranty.

Ajax MD

I posted this because way too many companies don't honor warranties, so when we find one that does, we should give everyone a heads up. Also when there is a bad experience with companies that sell stuff, and don't honor/back their advertised product, they should be called out too, as it has been done here before.
I agree.

I currently find myself in an uncomfortable position of having purchased some parts from a "reputable" shop and have not received all of them. Communications went from "outstanding" to "zero."

However, I believe it's important to be fair and give vendors an opportunity to make things right without reacting emotionally so I'm not going to post any names until a full month has passed and I've made other attempts to communicate with the vendor and resolve the issue.