• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Quad Winding Fuse Repair MEP-803a and MEP-802a

PETE01

Reading the different publications I found regarding the addition of a fuse in line with terminal 8 of the voltage regulator:

Some pubs require a 250 V /3 amp fuse and other require a 600 V/3 amp fuse. Does anybody know which is the best to use? Does the 250 volt fuse blow out too easily?

Thanks for your insight. Pete

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Both fuses would blow out at under the same overload condition.
The voltage rating of the fuse has to do with how much voltage potential the open fuse can withstand without flashing over and re-energizing the compromised load circuit.

So the better fuse would be the 600V rated one.

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
You might have already found it, but here is the TB which covers this.

TB 11-6115-741-24

PETE01

Thanks for sending. This is the document I was talking about. There was an earlier version which noted the fuse as 250 volts instead of 600. I was wondering why there was a difference and I think I did get my response above. Pete

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks