• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

quality difference in DOt 5 or its all the same

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trying to find Dot 5 braking fluid here in the Czech Republic, a few brands but all different from what I used in the Netherlands and these are not common brand names in continental Europe. Is there any quality difference between the different brands or is it 6 of the one and half dozen of the other? These are for sale in the US as well; I found the US websites selling them.

Bel Ray Dot 5: $ 19 for 350 ml (Czech prices)

Maxima Dot 5: $ 24 for 325 ml

EBC Dot 5: $ 22.5 for 250 ml

The Bel Ray seems to be the best deal, the EBC rather expensive at $ 31.5 for 350 ml (11.8 oz)

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Saw some bad reviews about some Bel Ray oils in a quad forum, but not about the brake oils. Funny thing is that both the US and the Czech site for the Maxima dot 5 oil use a picture of a bottle of dot 4 oil, also not very encouraging

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
dot5 is dot5, old or new.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks