• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question about fuel pump replacement

Mtrdrms

Hey guys. I am replacing the fuel pump and had a question. I found a great write up on CK5 about pump replacement but was wondering if I had to touch the pushrod? If I just swap out pumps do I have to remove this and reposition? The TM says not to touch it if just replacing the pump. Anyone with experience? I have the pump out now but its just too dam cold to do much more that a few minutes at a time before I have to come inside and get some feeling in my fingers!!

Andy

Westech

CPL
the push rod will slide down when you take the pump off. Best way is to remove the cover and take out the rod. cover it with grease and push it back it. The grease will keep it up in the block and from sliding back down. I know its a pain to get the rod back up and get the pump in place when the rod it not greased and always sliding down.