• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

question about m-1008

leophard189

hey guys just bought an 87 m-1008 with 17000 original miles for 5500 in north carolina. truck is all original. what would be a good way to check engine and drive train to make sure everything is in good working order? what type of lift should i use to put on humvee tires? i dont want the tires to rub. where can i get the camo paint scheme for touch ups? thank you guys in advance for any help.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The camo patterns are in TB 43-0209 in the Tech Manual section. Also look at the stickies at the top of the CUCV forum. Your CUCV moderator took the time to create links to all of the CUCV tech manuals you need and yes, you need them. Read them well and often.

Agree with tsmall - drive it around a bit, listen for noises, feel for vibrations. Jack up the right wheel and try to move it side-to-side to check the front end. Eyeball the u-joints, break out the grease gun and hit all those zerks.

For info on mods, you can't go wrong poking about the ColoradoK5 forums.