• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question about turn signals and brake lights

mrgerke81

Okay, I hope I do not make this to confusing.

This is the situation I have...

When I apply brakes both brake lights come on. If I use the right turn signal the right brake light flashes and left light stays on with brakes still applied. Here is where the problem is. When I use the left turn signal, the left brake light flashes and the right brake light goes off with brakes applied. As soon as turn signals are turned off, both brake lights will come back on with brakes applied.

Has anyone else ran into this situation? I dont know if it is incorrect wiring, faulty turn signal switch or what. I wanted to check here to see if anyone else had same problem.

Thanks for the help.

poppop

RE: Re: RE: Question about turn signals and brake lights

I had a slightly simular problem with an old Chev pick-up. Narrowed it down to the switch. When replaced turn signal and wiring in steering collum problem went away.

g102

Sometimes one element can brake inside the light bulb abd "weld the broken end onto the other good element and cause it to "feed back"

i have some cheap 1157 bulbs years ago. Turn on one turn signal and all the lights including marker lights flashed. I thought it may help, gary