• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

question on 1031 pricing ..

Swamp Rooster

Hello all, I have a question. My neighbor wants to make me an offer on my CUCV 1031.. It is a 1986 , 52,000 miles ,and my daily driver .. It has good tires , new break pads , fresh turned rotors ...
I am not sure I can do it , I love this truck but he come into some money and if anyone loves it more than me it is him lol.. I am not sure what he will offer but I thought may be you guys could help me in a ball park figure of what it is worth. Thanks in advance .. Swamp Rooster ..

royalflush55

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I didn't want to sell it I would not put any price on it. If he makes an offer it is just an offer. You still don't have to sell.

evldoer

You can always sell it and find another one. BUT- how easy will it be to find one as good as the 1031 you have? How far are you willing to drive for one? All good things to consider. Without seeing your 1031 in person it's hard to put a price on it.

Now if I was going to sell mine, I'm not sure if 10k would buy it. Maybe it's not worth that much, but to me it's like a part of the family. That's just my opinion. Good luck with your dilema and keep us posted on how things turn out!

dependable

Without having seen it, a rust free, unmolested 1031 is probably worth between $6,000 and $12,000. I know that is a broad range, but that's my opinion based on ones I have seen for sale and sold lately. The few that have come up on auction lately have been pretty rough.

Might have a hard time replacing it though, there are a lot fewer of them around than there used to be. A lot have been cut up or converted to pickups for their NP 205s and limited slip front axles.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good ones are very hard to find.
I've been looking for a good one myself.

You should keep it unless you need the $$

Skinny

I agree, finding one unmolested in clean shape with all of the equipment including a functioning generator is fairly rare. I paid $6000 for one sight unseen and I still had to do a lot of mechanical work to make it reliable. Not to mention redo some of the generator stuff. I wouldn't even think of parting with it for under $10k. Is it worth that to anyone...probably not. Is it worth that to me...without question. I do know that even if I did sell it, I would not be able to replace it easily without lots of money and hard work again.

86m1028

I echo what most above have said.
I have TWO & have considered selling one BUT look at what it would cost to replace (not another m1031) but a similar truck with all its capabilities = $$$

EVERYTHING I have is for sale, it's just most won't pay what I'm willing to sell it for :)

Figure a price that you would be happy with & stick to it.
If it sells, it sells, if not keep it & enjoy it.

I agree they are a LOT harder to find now.
I also bought my last one without previewing it & it wasn't cheap.

Good luck & keep us posted.

Last edited:

Swamp Rooster

LOL.. this is to funny guys .. I was thinking the same things you all are saying ... I was literally sick thinking about getting rid of it .. My wife walked into the room and laughed at me because I was setting there watching videos of cucvs doing things on youtube .. She said " why are you selling it , you do not have to " ...
He is going to make an offer and I am in business for my self ( horse logging ) and have had to build by business through trading ,selling , and moving up SLOW.. I need a work truck I can pick the kids up in every now and then .. My 1031 does not do that well, but a 4x4 van or suburban would .. I thought I might sell my 1031 and get a nice one of the other two options but I am REALLY having a hard time with it ..I did not know how nice mine was until I started looking into these .. I have towed 2 draft horse around the country with it for three years now with very little problem.. It runs like a top and will go about anywhere I point it ,in slow and easy fashion ( here I am again talking my self out of it ..lol) ...
Mine has had the top of the box in the back cut off and it is now tool boxes and the generator is gone but the truck is in great shape . I just do not think I can do it . I will buy a one tone two wheel drive van and get a set of ice chains for it for the days I need it .. I ran a dodge one ton van for years in the woods pulling a trailer of gear and 4000lb worth of draft animals . I will keep my 1031 and get on old van...lol... As of this spring most days I drive a C70 chevy I have with a loader on it , but I do still use the 1031 a lot .
I really did have to laugh when I read these replies to this question .. Thanks guys for helping me justify my thoughts .. Swamp Rooster