• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question on Canadian M135 Canvas Cargo Top

ltdaniel

I was reading your posts on the length of the side staves, I am getting ready to order a new Canadian version cargo top from a Canvas supplier that has never made the Canadian M135 Canvas Cargo Top and it looks like it is 12 inches longer, is this correct?
I see from the pictures posted in the post "M135 Bows and troop seats" that have been posted that the additional flap is sewn on a couple of inches higher on the inside of the normal top.

The other question? Is are there two sets of ropes on the side or did they just use longer ropes that will work for the raised and the lowered position?

We will be using my M135 as an MVPA Convoy truck and will be living in the back so the 6 ft height will work much better.

Dimensions and photos would be great!

Thanks

Lt Dan

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey welcome aboard. That's your first post and the greeting committee usually chimes in begging for pictures or video, sorry we missed you.

I'll hunt for details. We just had a few made up so might even have a few measurements. I think it's around 12" longer on each side but I also thought gold would hit $2000.00 so what do I know.

The back of an M135 can be very comfortable.

dmetalmiki

ANY of you M135 owners know of a decent running and looking M135 or M211 for sale anywhere?..At All..? I have been searching for While and advertised in various wanted's..all to no avail.
And, OK I am cutting down the collection..(In my old age..) After THIS one..!...With "Help".

ltdaniel

So in response to my original post about the Canadian top, I have located an NOS top and front and rear curtains so I have all the measurements I need.
I will start posting more info soon.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So in response to my original post about the Canadian top, I have located an NOS top and front and rear curtains so I have all the measurements I need.
I will start posting more info soon.
I had to make that bigger for the doubters out there. That stuff usually comes from a guy named Norm in a dark alley somewhere in downtown California.

Can you tell us the story or did the confidentiality agreement come out? Congratulations!

I remember that day getting Goose ready for camping. The stove and barbecue set up inside the deuce, throngs of people snuggling up at the airshow, breathing on each other.

P6100020.JPGP6100019.JPG

I dropped the front bow for highway trips to gain some aerodynamics and be more MVironmentally responsible. I heard a few comments from some boys because they had never seen a 'real' deuce run like that.....until we found that one picture with a deuce in Canadian service looking exactly like this.

P7030193.JPGP7050212.JPG

They look better low and now that you have NOS, you can have both.

P6110084.JPGP6161114.JPG

ltdaniel

I know Norm (Downtown Truck Parts, he lives 10 miles from me) very well, but he doesn't have much in the way of parts for the M135 any more, I had got an original parts manual from him. The best source for parts is Brian Asbury in Canada, this is where I got the NOS top and end curtains, BTW this was the last top that Brian had. I also took possession of a set of NOS top Bows that he delivered to me at the York convention.

The other thing that was interesting was that you also need the pin hardware to hold the side stakes in the raised position, I borrowed a set from a friend that has a Canadian truck so I could make a set of 10 for my truck. I had also upgraded my side boards and troop seat boards to the new fiberglass ones as I found a crate of NOS troop seats at a friends place so I had to change the mounting bracket design a little bit. I have attached a photo of the original set and the new ones I made.

Attachments

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Norm sent soft tops North of the border and one set got in the hands of a Lcol. Norm's real popular up here and Brian's filled our shelves too. Thank goodness someone absorbed and stored the New Old Stock.

The picture on the left, .....my son painted those those troop seats. That's a cool Easter gift. Your replica's look identical. Happy Easter.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks