• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question on Deuce History?

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like a sister to my deuce which is also a 2-172 truck. I picked it up in Colchester, VT. I'm trying to find out the #s from the bumpers right now so I can acurately paint them back on. When and where did you get yours?

I know a few guys at the unit and I'll make a phone call or send an e-mail, and see if I can find out some of the finer details for you

beaubeau

Hey OIFVET, I got my Deuce in Chambersburg last Sept. Its odd, I was in contract last March with a Deuce I bid on in Colchester vt, but I lost it because of a screwup with my EUC with GL. It's a bitch to buy in Pa. 500 miles away, and Colchester Vt. is only about 90 to 100 miles from here. The prices a lower in Pa. though. Good luck, Phil

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
There aren't too many M37's in the database. I think there are only about 50 M37's and maybe twice that number for the B1 version. They were going out of the system when the database started up.

As for deuces, nearly every Army deuce is in the database. USMC, USAF, USN aren't in the system except in very specific circumstances.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
beaubeau,

Here is what I got in an e-mail from someone in the VT unit. I was asking them about (our) trucks.

"Looks like it is related to your duece. As they are both HQ 2/172 Armor. The only thing I could tell you extra about both of them is that there is no 2/172 AR anymore. We have converted to Mountain apes. It is now the 186 BSB with a "Mountain" tab."

Just FYI.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks