• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question on Doghead relay

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I stopped at NAPA to buy the relay, of course they didn't have it on hand. The guy said it's a 12V 200 amp relay. Is this for the 12V conversion or is it satisfactory for the standard 24V application?

Thanks.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have no clue. That's why I'm asking. Part# 7-01860-1 (sme line) I just did a google search, it's used in lawnmowers too. Yep 12 volts. Just wondering if the doghead mod is for 12V converted Cucv's or it holds up for the 24V.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I stopped at NAPA to buy the relay, of course they didn't have it on hand. The guy said it's a 12V 200 amp relay. Is this for the 12V conversion or is it satisfactory for the standard 24V application?

Thanks.

The relay is used for many applications. It is not specific to any one application.

The coil that energizes the relay is 12v. The part that is "switched" can handle alot of different voltages.

You can also find the relay at Orielly's with the same part number. They have it in the law mower section.

All of this has been discussed many times.

Last edited:

ralbelt

I the DH relay conversion over 2 years ago, the first mod I did as a preventive measure after reading about the many failures and the time and $ spent correcting the original relays faults.

Don't question it , do it.

Asmoday

When I drove my M1009 home the first time after purchase I parked it in front of the garage...reached up to grab the relay and do the mod and the factory relay fell apart in my hand...

Do it...!