• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question on hole in cabinfloor

as I'm restoring the inside of my deuce's cabin I wonder what these holes right behind the drivers seat are for. I never saw them on other M35A2(c)s before.
Maybe this sheds some light on what sort of m35 this vehicle really is, because it's VIN is not compatible with what it resembles now ( 0127-100094).

See attached pic!

Cheers,
Mark

Attachments

Jimmy

That is where an axillary PTO rod goes. Maybe for a dump bed. There is a handle that mounts beside the driver seat and a rod that goes across the floor and down through that hole.

acetomatoco

ya, and series 0127 are you sure it is not 10094? because each series started at 10000 and you would be a really early one in the series.. Check the DD archive on what series was what.. The tankers had pto pumps which used that hole in the cab and the tippers and the fire trucks on the M44 chassis, too, I think.

ACE, sorry, its 01-27-10094 all right. According to the VIN article the 27 indicates a m36, which is definitly not the right designation for the vehicle.
At least I know what that hole is for now!

Danke schön!
Mark

acetomatoco

You are confirming what I said originally. In the first post it was 100094. So I was right then. Series 0127 and vehicle 10094 (# 94). Good for you. Just the mixup of of the M36 Remember that I have 27 months in beautiful Karlsruhe in my resume... Who knows, I may have seen that truck there in 1966.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks