• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question on tactical sign

When sanding the cab-doors in order to spray them with new paint, I uncovered under many layers of paint a large tactical sign. It looks like an "A" without the horizontal bar and is quite large, actually its almost as high as the door itself. I've seen this before, but could not figure out what it means. Any ideas out there (yeah, dumb question ;-) )?

TIA
Mark

papercu

sign

Used for vehicle night combat identification.
Designed for night viewing with NVG/NOD's.
Black IR reflective inverted "V" symbol.
If you want to replace them they are for sale at http://www.awsin.com/products.asp?id=187
Disclaimer: I do not know the seller and have no financial gain involved in posting the link. Wayne

ida34

RE: Sign

We just painted them on during the First Gulf war and we put panel markers on the top of our trucks to avoid friendly fire. They denoted a coalition vehicle and were not IR or anything else special back then. I bet his truck is just regular paint and is one of the trucks sent with the units deployed from Germany right before the ground war.

jasonjc

Re: RE: Sign

ida34 said:
We just painted them on during the First Gulf war and we put panel markers on the top of our trucks to avoid friendly fire. They denoted a coalition vehicle and were not IR or anything else special back then. I bet his truck is just regular paint and is one of the trucks sent with the units deployed from Germany right before the ground war.

:ditto:

Just spray paint and some masking tape if you were lucky enought too have any. I seen some that were brushed on.

ida34

RE: Re: RE: Sign

We brushed ours on and they were pretty sloppy. We did it in the middle of the desert.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks