• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question on VIN

Hi guys,

finally.... after a long time searching it seems like I found a decent deuce which I can buy.
See attached pictures.
I wanted an old style one, and it seems like I got it. Its VIN says 0127-10004. 01 seems OK, an old-timer (hehe, if its a 66 model its my year of birth), but the 27 ??? That doesn't match the designation, which is

27- M36A2 extra long wheel base cargo without winch

The 5 digit number suggests that it is the 4th truck of the lot, which starts at 10000 ?

Anyhow, seems like a good buy, a little rough as far as the painting goes, but I would have sanded and painted it 24087 anyhow. I already drove it and it whistles like hell !! :)

Cheers,
Mark

Attachments

acetomatoco

Well, what else do the data plates say regarding the truck... is it really a 0525 ? It would be neat to have the third one built, but I am guessing a little data plate dancing... Check the frame number on the left front behind and near the front of the LF tire... clean the frame good and it should be stamped there.... When I was in Karlsruhe in the 60s there were a lot of extra trucks running around and the log books sometimes did not reflect the truck....there at Rheinland Kaserne...M151s which came in were danced around too, to keep the TO and E in sync with the requirements...

VIN is on the frame. See attached pictures.

The 27 as the type-designator still wonders me.

I suppose the dataplate is not original. Some of the numbers are written in european style ( the 7 ) and somebody put in 1945 as mfg-date, thats baloney of course.

Regards,
Mark

Attachments

acetomatoco

Look to see if the frame has been cut down... Of course it could just be a mistake in # in the first day of production..

Thanks for the thoughts. I inspected the frame for corrosion and such and it did look normal to me (not cut), but I didn't look at it under that premise.
I'm going to purchase it anyhow! But the seller, who lives on selling MVs, must get a few things straight about the deuce first. So I probably have to wait a few weeks until I can drive it home....

I have to straighten out a few things on my side, too, since my girl-friend is giving me bloody h.e.l.l. (for the spell checker ;-) ) about it to the point where the two of us will reside under different adresses in near future... not so nice...

Mark

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks