• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question to M37 Owners

rboltz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am looking for an M37 to mount my latest shelter project. We had GRC-46 shelters (S-144) on both the M-715 and M-37 when I was in the Army Signal Corp. I have looked at a few M-37 examples in my local area and discovered I don’t remember how the tie-down cables for the shelters attached to the M-37 truck bed. We had three different methods of attachment, crossed cables, “V” cables and 4 corners. The trucks I have seen have no attachment points at either of these areas.

So, my question to you M-37 owners is; How do the cables attach to the bed? My M-715 has attachment eyes on all four corners. Not so for the trucks I have seen. Thanks for your input!!

vtdeucedriver

I don't remember off hand but we have 2 members that have comm shelters on 37's. One of them will be at our rally next weekend

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a sleeve that slides over the tubular edge of the bed. I have one if you need a pic.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I wonder if the attachment points were attached only for that application?
We have several M37/M42's but none have attachment points...other than tarp tie down points.

rboltz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is the M37 S-144 tiedown. There should be 4 of these with the cables criss-crossing.
Yep, thats it! Those were on the "V" cables. Two brackets and 4 cables. Those brackets will be hard to make. Cables are easy.

Thanks!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks