• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question

Iceman3005

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]I'm having an argument with a dealer, about a Kaiser Jeep Corp, mdl: M813, he says it has an automatic transmission, these didn't come with auto's, am I correct or not? I would like to buy it but if its an auto I don't want it. I checked the FAQ its says its a manual. The truck has the narrow front with the air cleaner on the left fender.[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][/FONT]

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
813 should be a manual. If its an XM it possibly could be an auto, but I doubt it.

Sounds pretty easy to figure out to me. Get in and drive it!

Jimma

It should be a standard stick shift. If you are not near the dealer have him email you a photo. He may have mis identified the truck and it is a later model with a automatic......

Iceman3005

I have only seen pics, he won't take one of the whole cab just the dash, and I'm not driving 6 hrs one way to look at it if its a auto. The gauges in the pic look like all the other m813 with the manual. I asked if there is a long stick coming out of floor he said he doesn't know. This dealer is startin to tick me off.

Iceman3005

Ya this guy doesn't know what he is talking about, he can't get any information correct about the 5 ton, won't send more pics, sounds like a scam too me, I will keep looking. Westech is yours a hard top, W/W?

zout

Take the Ferry across Lk Mich and go get Westechs truck - will save you fuel 1/2 way over.

I would have never called the dealer a second time - story would have been over after the first.

Jimma

He might not even have posession of the truck yet if he bought in on GL and has no access to any other pictures. Or, he is selling something he does not have and will locate one when you give him the money.

Iceman3005

Man this stinks, I just got the deer in the head light look from my wife...........going to take some more convincing that I could use a 5 ton, her exact words "Do we really need that" I said "Well ya....do you realize how much wood I could haul with it".........Wife "Ya whatever....that looks like overkill".............I had no comment.

Iceman3005

Thanks for all the help/replies, I think after talking with a couple of different dealers over the last week I'm going to just go private party, tired of the run around.............but first I have to convince the wife. Westech yours is really nice, very reasonable price too but would want one with a winch already installed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks