• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Questions about Pintle Hook

I was wanting to find out if anybody know why my 1963 M37 would have a pintle hook with a shaft size of 1 1/8"? The frame has a hole in it but is only 1 1/8'. I have 2 other M37 but they are in the 50's and have the larger 1 1/2" hole in the frame and one of the M37 is were I got the pintle hook.

Does anybody have one of the smaller pintle hook for sale

oddave715

Does any of the m37s use a one piece pintle hook vs a swivel component that a regular pintle bolts to? I have seen the later but not sure what year that unit was. Maybe they change them on the m37b1s. My m715 uses a one piece pintle. I have always wondered what, if any, interchangeability there is in pintle hooks between m37, m715, m880 and cucv.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Later m37s use different style pintle hooks from the early trucks. Your 1963 truck should use a pintle hook setup like the ones on m715s, CUCVs, and HMMWVs. If you don't need the pintle to rotate you should be able to unbolt the pintle itself from the rotating carrier from your 50s truck and bolt it to the late truck. I'd be interested in the rotating carrier if you'd like to sell it, or I'd trade a complete "small" rotating pintle hook for the early style.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks