• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Quick 6.5 to 6.2 turbo swap question

mark 5.45

Hey guys, I'm getting ready to buy some parts for the turbo swap into my M1008. My question is, will the right side exhaust manifold off a 1996 3500 express van work? I keep thinking I read somewhere, that the turbo and the exhaust manifold on the vans are different then the trucks? The picture of the van manifold looks like it will work. Thanks, Mark

rnd-motorsports

Keep in mind the hollander is a bolt on book if you have to change anything on a part to make it fit like a temp sender it will say its dif. so a good start but not really set in stone may have a heat sheild on the van manifold. just info! and yes I know there are no temp senders on a exhaust manifold. ( just used as a forinstance )

mrolds88

If I am correct the van manifolds are similar to the Humvee units. I do know that the turbo on the vans are mounted up top on teh back. similar to the 8.2 Detroits. Don't know if it will be easier, but the pickup manifolds are still out there and pretty cheap. Only drawback to them may be having to run the downpipe outside the frame rail. Hope this helps.

southdave

yes you correct, I have 6.2 out of school bus in my 1009 the one I got off 6.5 and it are the I used the one with motor orginally. please note it tuff sob to fish that crossover tube in

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks