• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Quick intro and transmission question, T96-1

eodcoduto

Hello gentlemen, I usually ask questions over on the CUCV side but I have a transmission that I need help with and it might be in the early Jeep lane. I found a T96-1 3 speed at a junk store that I bought for a garden tractor project. I would like to know what it is from and I have a gut feeling it is military but who knows. It might have been from an early Willys or a Gibson garden tractor? Here are some pictures and any help is appreciated!

Attachments

Jeff Lakaszcyck

The T96 was used in 2 wheel drive DJ-3A civilian Jeeps behind the 134 ci flathead 4 cylinder engine. Most if not all of these Jeeps had column shifts, with side shift transmissions. Your transmission does not look like it came out of a Jeep. I'm not sure what else this transmission was used on. There may have been some with overdrive that were used on two wheel drive Jeep station wagons.