• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Quick new guy fuel filter question?

Knightmare

I searched, and looked at the FAQ, and that is leading me to believe the m1009 only has one fuel filter, correct?

And what's the advantages of converting to the spin on type?

watkinssr

Yes, it has just one. The filter base leaks some times...causing air to get into the system. Only reason I could think of for changing it, but other people may have different opinions.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am one of those folks. GO over to ebay. There is a guy that sells the whole assembly.

Bracket, plate, filter. Just transfer two of your sensors and then install it. SOLVED ALL SORTS of problems for me. Plus the square fuel filters only cost about $10 each. I have YET to have to change one and I've been driving my M1009 for four years, though being retired, its not like I go out that much. Say seven thousand miles on the Blazer in the past four years.

But still, I changed mine out and bled my system in about an hour. I am able to do this because I add a 6psi electric fuel pump inline the fuel line on the passenger side rail, JUST ABOUT AT THE PASSENGER DOOR. So I turn the key on, the fuel pump turns on, I loosen the air bleed valve, wait LESS than a minute to have fuel spirt out.

That's it. VERY EASY. VERY, VERY, EASY. If you have any question, drop me a line.

I've seen several folks who have done the conversion and it can be clean. I just like the look and function of the military one.

watkinssr

I am one of those folks. GO over to ebay. There is a guy that sells the whole assembly.

Bracket, plate, filter. Just transfer two of your sensors and then install it. SOLVED ALL SORTS of problems for me. Plus the square fuel filters only cost about $10 each. I have YET to have to change one and I've been driving my M1009 for four years, though being retired, its not like I go out that much. Say seven thousand miles on the Blazer in the past four years.

But still, I changed mine out and bled my system in about an hour. I am able to do this because I add a 6psi electric fuel pump inline the fuel line on the passenger side rail, JUST ABOUT AT THE PASSENGER DOOR. So I turn the key on, the fuel pump turns on, I loosen the air bleed valve, wait LESS than a minute to have fuel spirt out.

That's it. VERY EASY. VERY, VERY, EASY. If you have any question, drop me a line.

I've seen several folks who have done the conversion and it can be clean. I just like the look and function of the military one.
If you dont have an electric fuel pump, the compressed air method works equaly well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks