• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Quick vin question

silverbullet72tnt

Not sure which one is my vin number. My data plate is as follows:
Stock number: G2742-8358464
Ser. No. (No stamping, it’s blank)
MFR SER NO m-32819
Cont. No. da-11-022 ord-735

I’m not sure which one or combination is my vin number

silverbullet72tnt

Thanks so much. I’m new to these trucks but I’m already in love with mine. I really appreciate this community as well!!!

Above that info it says truck cargo 2 1/2 ton 6x6 m35 w/wn

Does this mean it originally had a front winch? It doesn’t currently but has a pto. It will be getting a winch after I get it running

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you have a pto with a shift lever sticking up near your right leg, and the data plate says w/wn, then yes you should have your winch back!

silverbullet72tnt

Any idea if there is a 2018 VIN thread? I searched VIN stuff on here and found a dead link to the carnac thread, then a locked 2017 vin thread. Then I came up empty after that....

silverbullet72tnt

Any other ideas to find out more on the truck? Its my first MV and I am dieing to know more about its history etc. It ended up as a forestry truck at some point in life, its still painted on the doors

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it's a gas engine truck still, it will be too old to show up in the database that the "VIN info thread" uses. If it is multifuel, wait until the thread opens. Your truck was gas powered at one point as the serial number is pre-diesel I believe (1950's).
See if you can find 2" numbers painted on the hood sides under the forestry paint job, this is the Army registration number and is a clue to the truck's history.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a Stude. Check the frame stamping. It's right in the area of the LF fender support.

silverbullet72tnt

Ill have to check when its actually here. Getting towed saturday afternoon I hope.

Will the number on the frame be the missing serial number? or will it match the manufacturer serial number?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not foolish at all! This is very specialized information that can only be found here on this website.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks