• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Racor fuel filter - R45s

I_Publius

I wound up losing my drain valve on my Racor fuel filter. The Racor filter number is R46s.

After having looked for the drain valve online, and driving to several diesel shops, I finally stopped by a marine repair shop and they were able to tell me the part number for that valve.

I just thought I would share a picture and the part number with you guys, in case anyone else ever had this issue.

The Racor part number is RK30476.

I still have not been able to find one locally, so I guess I will order one this weekend. Unless any of you guys have an alternative part that I can find. :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374265731.307046.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374265753.169290.jpg

xenocath

searching.............
I see a lot of racors used on boats with that set up. generally folks buy a spare bowl assembly since they are notorious for cracking when you try and remove them to change filter and I know those valves and all come with a new bowl. I ordered a spare for mine when i got my racor.

zout

Our fleet of 2005 Hino model 268 trucks take that exact filter with the primer pump on top and the plastic bowl with the drain. You can also get a longer Racor filter but it looks like you have no room for a longer filter.

cj8scrambler

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually if it's used inside a closed engine compartment it's supposed to have the metal bowl on it. The heat can cause the bowl to crack and leak. This is a coast guard reg. on vessels. Depending on the heat in the engine compartment on your vehicle it might be a better choice. It still has a drain valve but won't crack.