• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

radiator cap pressure

dirtyfingernails

On a search of the forum, I noticed that the duece radiator cap (for the multi) should be rated at 7-8 psi. I have two caps I received from memphis for the deuce, one is stamped with 8 the other 15. I've been using the 8psi one but occassionally get some dribble out of the overflow tube. Which cap should I be using. I searched through the TMs but couldn't find a specification.

Jones

I'd stick with the 7-8# range. A little dribble may just be excess coolant it's pushing out to get down to a level it likes. Once there you shouldn't have any more coolant loss. Just keep an eye on it and remember to include it in your pre-drive checklist.
The 14-15# caps are for the M-800 series 5 tonners with the surge tank.

dirtyfingernails

Dribble is what I got just like you said westec and jones. I'll stick with the 8psi cap. I guess Memphis just made a mistake. Interesting though. When I first got the truck, the rad cap was split. So, I ordered one from Memphis--received the 15# cap. Used it a few times and developed a radiator leak at the top seam. Replaced radiator (from Memphis) and got a new cap with the new radiator (8# cap). Think Memphis would reimburse me for blowing my first radiator? I should have known better and checked to be sure the psi was correct. Oh well--live and learn (and lose $800!).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks