• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Radiator Cap Pressure

motormayhem

Need a cap for my radiator. my current cap is a 13lbs one that has been one the truck since i got it. Tm said 15lb relief pressure on the cap. Does this mean I should get a 15lb cap when I replace it?

Srjeeper

FWIW - Our local radiator shop has been in business since the 40's and run by the same family since day one. They've seen it all and recommend to all their customers that they never use more than a 7lb. cap.

It provides enough pressure to keep the system working as it should and according to them it more than doubles the life of your radiator as long as you keep the system clean.

CUCV85

FWIW - Our local radiator shop has been in business since the 40's and run by the same family since day one. They've seen it all and recommend to all their customers that they never use more than a 7lb. cap.

It provides enough pressure to keep the system working as it should and according to them it more than doubles the life of your radiator as long as you keep the system clean.
Huh you don't say! Sounds possible to be good advice,
has anyone else out there heard of such a thing?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks