• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Radiator Pressuring Up?

dabtl

I noticed the deuce was low on coolant. Six two pound coffee cans of water later it was filled till I could see it in the filler neck.

While still cold I could see leakage around the radiator cap. I unscrewed the cap and water gushed out.

Is (a) this normal, or (b) indicative of a blown head gasket perhaps?

Heavysteven

Had a similar problem, coolant was overfilled. There should be a cold fill line a couple inches from the top I think. I replaced the radiator cap and corrected the level. No issues since.

ctmustang

I usually fill until I can see it in the neck. Then on the next drive it will blow out what it doesn't want. But as a norm all my trucks will maintain a slight level in the neck.
CT

DieselBob

While still cold I could see leakage around the radiator cap. I unscrewed the cap and water gushed out.
Kind of sounds like maybe a bad cap gasket and a air bubble purged after the refill. Question would be where did the antifreeze go to begin with ?

dabtl

Kind of sounds like maybe a bad cap gasket and a air bubble purged after the refill. Question would be where did the antifreeze go to begin with ?

There is antifreeze in the oil.
Not a great amount. My guess is a blown head gasket?

And, I should have added, I was running the motor checking out fluid levels and such when I removed the radiator cap I noticed it was kind of puffing out a mist. That is when I decided to add fluid. The engine had just started and the air pressure buzzer was still sounding.

Maverick1701

There is antifreeze in the oil. Not a great amount. My guess is a blown head gasket?

And, I should have added, I was running the motor checking out fluid levels and such when I removed the radiator cap I noticed it was kind of puffing out a mist. That is when I decided to add fluid. The engine had just started and the air pressure buzzer was still sounding.
what did you decide on? Any updates?