• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Radiator Question

cjkeeliii

I replaced my1008's radiator a few weeks ago and installed a 180* thermostat during the process. While driving, I never could get a temperature above 140*. I re-installed the original thermostat and the temperature initially went up to 160* or so, but now stays at 140* and will venture into the 150* area occasionally. Both times I bled the air from the probe fitting ( rear passenger side block). What is going on here and what's the potential damage? The old radiator had the truck running at 192* and up to 200* on a hot day. Thanks.

1986Blazerk5

Maybe they sent you the wrong thermostat it happened with me when I ordered one LMC truck, it wasn't that big of a deal but take out the thermostat and usually it will say the temp on it

P.S. the temp is when the thermostat starts to open it will usually run 10-15 degres more than that