• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rain leaks....

combatmech

Howdy all,
I have a truck that seems to be leaking from several places. I changed out all the top seals, new tailgate window and interior panel seals....even applied RTV to some trouble spots....still leaks. Any suggestions would help.

DieselBob

I'm not being a smart a**, but good luck stopping the leaks. I owned 3 brand new civy models of these from 85 to 89 and all 3 leaked around the shell.

12vctd

I have had many models of blazers and jimmys, and only 1 had leaked and I removed my top all the time. I would suggest using a marking compund around the seal surfaces to check ensure its sealing properly all the way around. I have also heard from some guys aroud a body shop I get my work done at that unclamping the top and sliding a piece of paper(they used a dollar bill) with 2 people you can slowly drag the object along the seams and see places that have been tweaked and dont provide a good sealing surface. . My 72 k5 leaked in the top but I found it was from shot body bushings causing the truck to sag(even thou you couldn't tell by eye. After replacing the body bushings and new seals it was tight as a drum.

combatmech

Even with new tailgate window seals...the water seeps past and into the tailgate. Body bushings....Thats a project for WAY down the road....but thanks anyway dudes

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks