• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rainy day blues breakdown

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Yesterday as I was heading up 15N through Frederick, MD there was an 816 on the far side shoulder. Never one to pass up the chance I hit the next exit and went back south for the half mile or so and pulled over. Guy was out of NC somewhat near Ft Bragg and runs a scrap yard. He bought the wrecker for working the yard and also a deuce which he could only get one vehicle that day. Truck had stalled out and the batteries were dead to restart it. His buddy was off getting batteries.

Asked him if he knew about the website and he said no. Informed him that the website was a wealth of info including info on what to take with you when picking up vehicles from GL. He seemed truly appreciative of the information and the dry towel I gave him as he stood in the rain in a short sleeve shirt and coveralls with no coat. It was cold and rainy in this area yesterday so I know he was feeling it.

Wish I had had a camera with me. Perfect example of why folks need to research and heed the information on what to take when picking up vehicles.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Thanks for helping him out and passing on the information about Steel Soldiers. I would have joined years earlier if I had known about it. If he has the same issue as my M818 he should try to drive all the way home in the daylight since my alternator is not making enough juice to charge the batteries with the lights on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks