• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Raise cover height

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wanted to add a about 6" more headroom to the cover on my M923. Looked at dropping some 6" long boards down the bow support holes, but when I did it on the first set of bows it looked like the cover would then be inline with the exhaust.

And I'd hate to melt a hole in a cover.

Anyone done this? Or is this just a bad idea?

Trying to make it so the shop crane I mounted in the bed can swivel and not hit the last bow.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Nah, my cargo cover is about the height of my exhaust, granted its a deuce, but...

You could always put an extension on your stack.

dmetalmiki

The exhaust should point away from the rear anyway. And plenty of owners raise the canvasses on both deuces and larger trucks for headroom etc when camping.

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmmm... Digging through photos and I see it should be perpendicular to the long axis. Mine's maybe 45 degrees off.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
those military guys showed on their website a custom made extra length cover they commissioned for just that reason as they also raised the bow height on one of their project trucks. It sounded like they would also sell them.

Does not have a price and I would suggest being hooked up to an aed when you do as I can just imagine what that puppy cost.....

cwc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is a picture of our M925 setup for the 4rth of July parade, with the cover lifted about a foot. I does not seem like it would be a problem...

IMG_1644.jpg

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's the difference.

The angle of the exhaust:
WP_20150706_003.jpg

The current height:
WP_20150706_005.jpg

And the proposed change:
WP_20150706_002.jpg

I know the exhaust pipe itself gets hot enough to melt stuff, as I managed to melt / hole a flag that touched it.

I may try to re-adjust the exhaust stack to point straight out, but that seems like one of those things that may be rust welded in place, and messing with it means a new muffler.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks