• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ram Air for CUCV?

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anybody rigged up an operable ram air system for a CUCV? When you think about it, a turbocharger simply pressurizes the air into the intake. It seems to me that an easy and FREE way to pressurize the air would be to harness the power of oncoming air when moving. The faster the truck moves, the more air is forced into the intake. Granted, there would be no additional force without speed, but hey - who needs power when sitting still? Banks offers a neat ram air kit http://www.bankspower.com/products/show/295/11 but it still does not harness the full power of oncoming air.

Has anybody tried this Banks kit? Are there other ways to increase air flow and pressure to the intake without a turbo?

Thanks in advance for chiming in.

Westech

CPL
Ram air... ok there.. you would have to reach over 100 MPH to get even 1 pound of boost. It has been proven. Yes it helps a little to get cool air and not air from under the hood but on a 6.2 your not going to be able to tell the difference.. your only talking about 155 HP max !

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, that certainly answers that! Thanks. Do you think the Banks fresh air kit would help?

I found giong to an electric fan and electric fuel pump made a significant difference in acceleration with my fleet of 6.2s. I go to junk yards and look for FWD Caddillacs with the 4100 V8, and rob thier fan settup. I can usually get everything I need for the mod for about $25. The main area I feel the improvement is taking off; it has much better pep...

jimmy-90

I've got a home made ram air on my M1028. Just use the search function and type in cucv ram-air. It brought up 3 results when I typed it in just a minute ago. Make sure you put the dash in there when you type ram-air though. Go to the one posted by jimmy-90 aka me. It has a write up with pics.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks