• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

rare lights on a m35a2

vtdeucedriver

That is a early M-series black out light for the back of the vehicle. Often would be found on the right rear of a M-37

vtdeucedriver

trade you a composite light for it.................what you see everyone else using. They are the first things I pull off!:driver:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That was used on 1950's M-series trucks on the right rear, back when all cars and trucks only had one stop light on the left. The light is the blackout stop light, which lights up when you hit the brakes, in blackout mode. The bo stop light can still be found on vehicles like the M915, 916 920.

jrobinson5093

I have them on all four corners and they seem to work ok and seem a lot more rugged than the newer style, the back has tail lights and brake lights on top and the black out on botton and the front are a signal light with a black out on bottom. and if some one could help i have a little light hanging off of the passenger side in the rear what is it?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
my 52 m52 had them, I converted the right one to run, stop, turn and the left I added turn, did away with the blackout light

I have a full set I got off of something a long time ago sitting in the garage

Last edited:

Barrman

The small bucket lights were stock on all the M series trucks up until the 1970 time frame. M715's had them during their entire production run of 1967-1969.

M35's made the switch to the big bucket lights about the same time.

As pointed out, the early small buckets had service stop and tail light on the drivers side and b/o marker and stop on the passenger side. Then around 1953-1954 they went to both rears having service light, brake and black out markers. The black out brake light was on its own pedistal hanging below the bucket on the passenger side.

Here is my 1952 M35 with the set up.

Attachments

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The old lights look cool until it's dark and raining and someone rear ends you at speed because they didn't see you. Ask me how I know. All mine now have the composites.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks