• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear Axle/ Differential Problem ???

dia615

I am having a serious problem!! I put the CUCV into 4wd today for the impending snow in the northeast (again). Everything seemed fine at first. The Hubs are in Lock the lever in 4hi. Upon turning the wheel all the way to the right and driving the right rear tire locked. Same with the wheel to the left and left rear tire locked. In 2wd HI with hubs in free absolutely no issues at all. So whats going on here? Gov locks? Transmission? LSD shot? I have no idea... Any thoughts & suggestions/solutions would be more than welcome...I have to be at work in 8hrs so I have some time ...thanks

dia615

ok thanks Mike...Its never happened to me before...its actually pretty funny because i was completely freaking out and i am extremely happy that its nothing major Im looking at 12-18 inches and I have to get to work to clear the snow (not with the CUCV....a shove l:()

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks