• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear Axle Inner Seal Number

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Well, Napa sez they can get it, I'm not holding my breath, Thanks to Offroad, He is sending me some on Monday.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
I was troubleshooting the spongy brakes on the one of the M35's I got out of Santa Fe on Mon, got all excited when I saw the dampness/oil build up on the inside of the pass front dual, but when I pulled the hub, the wheel cylinder was good, the grease/oil seal was the culprit, so I still have to figure out why the brakes take 2 pumps to stay at the top.....

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
The Napa seal was the wrong one, waiting for seals from offroadfabworks.

I'm going to try that Rockwell number as well, gotta get this truck back together soon.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
most inner seals are still good. when oil gets mixed with grease it will go right past them. they are meant for grease only. oil usually gets past the outer because bearings are not tight or keyway leaked

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Re: RE: Rear Axle Inner Seal Number

m-35tom said:
most inner seals are still good. when oil gets mixed with grease it will go right past them. they are meant for grease only. oil usually gets past the outer because bearings are not tight or keyway leaked
This may be the problem, but the seal is toast now that I removed it. A mix of oil and grease was present when the hub was removed.

Angus1

RE: Re: RE: Rear Axle Inner Seal Number

I have to respectfully dis agree with tom. If heavy gear lube can get past the seal its bad. The way I see it If lube can get out then water and dirt can get in. No offence Tom.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks