• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

rear axle outer seal opinions

Big Mike's Motor Pool

Supporting Vendor
im getting ready to replace all my wheel bearings. i was planning on leaving out the outer seals on the rear axles because when left out these be oil bath bearings if enough oil is put into the rear. i have done this on my mud truck and am also going to be tearing into it to see how it worked out after a year of beating in the mud.
what are your opinions on leavin out this seal?? some people have told me that they have bought rears that didnt even have the seal in them :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

jwaller

it will work well for pouring oil out the inner seal. I personall hate this and it's why most everybody pulls the hubs to fix the oiling down of the brake drums. if you have a good way of keeping the oil in the bearings then it's prob a good idea but I havent been able to do it.

acetomatoco

The original system lasted 50 years... just put the cork in the keyway to keep the oil off the brakes....ACE

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks