• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

rear brakes stuck... what a paint

319cssb

After a few days of having the truck in storage and after pressure washing the truck I was going to take it on a trip to the gas station. Come to find out that the M1089 doesn't want to go.
Brakes are seized. So I whip out the wrench to gat the caging bolts. But guess what. they are rusted and stuck in their holders. I only manage to get 3 of the 4 of the bolts freed, that are mounted at the rear axle. I also find that one of the connectors is snapped off. It's filled with sand and dried mud. great. I get the plugs out of the air brake chamber and they also are filled with crapp sand and mud. The plugs never been off so I don't know how all this gunk got in there. oh wait the air chamber has round holes in them. :(

I need a new connector for the airbrake. it has one push in fitting and two screw fittings.
can you guys help? it's called the 'tee, pipe to tube. according to parts TM. But mine isn't part #8-6-8 01042BA , I have a push in fitting on one side

IMG_2596.jpg

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Be easier to get a brass T. That one side is JIC. One is push lock, one is a ferrel . Be easiest to get the T in 1/2" pipe and the other fittings in straights
After a few days of having the truck in storage and after pressure washing the truck I was going to take it on a trip to the gas station. Come to find out that the M1089 doesn't want to go.
Brakes are seized. So I whip out the wrench to gat the caging bolts. But guess what. they are rusted and stuck in their holders. I only manage to get 3 of the 4 of the bolts freed, that are mounted at the rear axle. I also find that one of the connectors is snapped off. It's filled with sand and dried mud. great. I get the plugs out of the air brake chamber and they also are filled with crapp sand and mud. The plugs never been off so I don't know how all this gunk got in there. oh wait the air chamber has round holes in them. :(

I need a new connector for the airbrake. it has one push in fitting and two screw fittings.

View attachment 733093
Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

319cssb

I managed to get the brakes unstuck by caging the brakes with the bolts I had , then banging on the lip of the brake shoe with a chisel and BFH. , then going to the next air chamber and doing the same.
Until I got all brakes to release. I then put the caging bolts back on the one wheel with the damaged fitting.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
On the old 5tons we had good luck just hanfing on the drum or tires themselves with s sledgehammer and they will pop free.
I managed to get the brakes unstuck by caging the brakes with the bolts I had , then banging on the lip of the brake shoe with a chisel and BFH. , then going to the next air chamber and doing the same.
Until I got all brakes to release. I then put the caging bolts back on the one wheel with the damaged fitting.
Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk