• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear Bumperette Holes

Barrman

Both of my Gassers have what looks to be a 1/2" drilled hole in the middle of each rear bumperette. All of the other M35's I am around were made 1967-1973 and they have solid non drilled bumperettes.

I thought maybe somebody had just done that to mine. Then I got David Doyle's book. I noticed the same holes on some of the M35's in there.

Anybody know what the holes are for and is there any sense or reason to which trucks have them?

Thanks.

JDToumanian

My deuce has similar holes in the front bumper, but not the rear... It has been speculated that the holes were for "convoy ahead" and "convoy follows" signs. I don't know for sure, but it's the best explanation I've heard yet.

Jon

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
1. cut off a couple fingers from one of those spooky rubber hallowen hands and stick them through there
2. put a couple of those violet 'jewel' lamps (lowrider tail light inserts) in there (or lasers!)
3. hang one end of your hammock
4. anti-tailgating spray dispensing nozzles
5. put a stainless bolt through for a heavy duty ground connection.
6. mount the little chrome trailer-hitch propellors there for that amphibious look
7. go/no-go guage for childrens' fingers
8. carrot peelers

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
My buddies duece has big rubber pads bolted to the front bumper with what appear to be 1/2" bolts, maybe it used to have the pads on there?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks