• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

rear crossmember

mcinfantry

yes. i removed and replaced mine last week. you dont have to change the V piece if you dont want to. i didnt. mine was bent from tying off to an oak and tripple snatch block pulling a 36000gvw cherry picker buried to the outriggers. the ass that tied me off wrapped the crossmember after breaking the chains twice.

4 rivits upper and lower on the crossmember and the 4 bolts for the outer bumperetts. i guess if you dont have bumperettes......

rizzo

mcinfantry said:
yes. i removed and replaced mine last week. you dont have to change the V piece if you dont want to. i didnt. mine was bent from tying off to an oak and tripple snatch block pulling a 36000gvw cherry picker buried to the outriggers. the ass that tied me off wrapped the crossmember after breaking the chains twice.

4 rivits upper and lower on the crossmember and the 4 bolts for the outer bumperetts. i guess if you dont have bumperettes......
where are the pics of that job??

mcinfantry

ok..... it was 97 degrees, NO shade. i never took the pics of the crossmember. josh and i had to jerk the old bed off by unbolting it, and tying it to an oak and driving it off. we then had to change the rear crossmember to towbar a cucv 160 miles one way! as well as get the NEW dropside bed on......

lemmie see...... on the cherrypicker ones

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks