• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

rear end question

moscar45

Hi guys, before I get flamed I searched, then searched again. but the search engine keeps ignoring the 14 in 14 bolt and 60 in dana 60, and "H" in H vin.

I believe I read somewhere that only the CUCV's with H vins got the 14 bolt with detriot lockers. Am I right, or did all the pickups (not blazers) get the 14 bolt/dtriot combo.

Sorry to ask a question that's probably been covered numerous times but I cannot for the life of me get the darn search to bring up anything relevant.

SmokeyDod

H has nothing to do with rear end but refers to the truck series only, not the M1009 and means that the front end Dana 60 has the "Dana Trak-lok" in the front which is a clutch pack that makes the front limited slip. The 14B rear all have the locker. The M1009 does not have the 14B. The only exception that I know is that with the M1010 they have a H for the 4th digit but they have the standard open type Dana 60 front.

moscar45

Thanks for the info fellas. For some reason I had thought that in order to be positive it had a 14bolt, you had to get a truck with an H as the 4th digit of the vin.

So am I correct that only the 1 1/4 ton trucks got the 14 bolts? There's a parts truck listed locally that is shown as a 3/4 ton--so probably not a 14bolt rear right?

eric_banks32

A 3/4 ton could be a 12 or a 14. Depends on how it was optioned and what year it is. Google them and you should be able to find an I.D. chart on them and can tell which it is for yourself.