• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

rear facing transmission PTO lever

ygmir

Hi all,
I've not seen one, but, imagine it exists.
can anyone sell me one, take a pic, or, send drawings?
It'd sure beat crawling under my crane/deuce each time I want to use the crane.......
Thanks,
Henry

rmgill

Well, it only needs to pull/push between two positions. I have one and I'll be needing to rig something up once I figure out what pump to get and install and then get a tank and then find funding/time to get the bed hoist installed. Eventually, I'll move the bed back to add a crane if I can ever find the spare funds to get one, but I'd love to have a small K-boom for my hobby/house work.

rmgill

But to answer the question, check the manuals to see exactly where the levers go. On the Dump Bed trucks there's a combined hoist control lever on the left side of the driver's seat that controls the hoist AND engages the Hydraulic pump as part of the action of the lever. Different positions control the hoist lever positions.

ygmir

Re: RE: rear facing transmission PTO lever

rmgill said:
Well, it only needs to pull/push between two positions. I have one and I'll be needing to rig something up once I figure out what pump to get and install and then get a tank and then find funding/time to get the bed hoist installed. Eventually, I'll move the bed back to add a crane if I can ever find the spare funds to get one, but I'd love to have a small K-boom for my hobby/house work.
could post a pic, and, maybe a dimension or more?

I"ll probably need to make one, I doubt many are available.
thanks
Henry

jwaller

Re: RE: rear facing transmission PTO lever

ygmir said:
rmgill said:
could post a pic, and, maybe a dimension or more?

I"ll probably need to make one, I doubt many are available.
thanks
Henry
every deuce dumper has one. check the TM's and you can see all you need in there.

ygmir

RE: Re: RE: rear facing transmission PTO lever

that is perfect, and, very helpful BFR, thanks so much.
I wonder if anyone has one for sale?
If not, your info will help me fab one.
Henry

rmgill

RE: Re: RE: rear facing transmission PTO lever

So, along the same lines, for a dump hoist configuration, what sort of PTO pump would folks recommend?

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ryan, you want end up with something that would lift your dump-bed from 0 to 50 deg. in about 20seconds (engine@800rpm) The volume of the hydraulic cylinder depends on the system you choose. Say it was a small telescopic cylinder like in my case, with a total volume of approx. 1.8 gallons. So I needed a gear pump with a capacity of 5-6 gl/min @ 800rpm and 2300psi. The smallest I could find with all accessories and bypass valve was 8 gl/min, which resulted a little bit to fast; difficult to control towards to the end of travel.
Next time I’ll add an external control valve & lever, to have the pump turning independently of the lifting action.

Also I wouldn’t bother again with a custom fabbed linkage. Companies like Chelsea and others offer a small pneumatic actuator for the PTO, with a nice red push/pull button mounted somewhere under the dash.

Hope this helps.

Gerhard

mangus580

I made a custom one for mine. Using basically 1.5" wide flat stock. It pivots where the winch lever does, and hooks right to the shift rod.

Not a real good pic.... you can see it in the foreground to the winch lever. It comes up through the master cylinder door, and I notched the door to act as a lock like the winch hinge lock.

Attachments

rmgill

gringeltaube said:
ion.

Also I wouldn’t bother again with a custom fabbed linkage. Companies like Chelsea and others offer a small pneumatic actuator for the PTO, with a nice red push/pull button mounted somewhere under the dash.
I'd prefer a lever to pull/push to engage/disengage the Pump for confirmed off/on positions. But for valving, I'm actually inclined to go with a set of 24 volt solenoid valves so I can add a 8000lb winch or so up on top of the bed to allow for loading Shelters with a bridle and some ramps. I would then need a valve to control the bed AND a valve to control the winch, which would be handy then to have an extension cord for a set of controls I could use outside the truck on an extension cord next to the truck to manage the loading.

Basically, pull the truck up, set the Pump on the PTO lever. Then get out and get my controls and use that to manage things.

Neat thing is I could also use the rear facing winch at the top of the bed to help recover vehicles onto my trailer.

ygmir

oh yeah,
I just realized when I posted about my crane, I didn't mention it was for sale/trade.
I wasn't just bragging..........
It's just extra, and, I hate to see it just sitting there doing nothing.( like so much stuff I have.....)

Henry

mangus580

Kenny, the drivers side is EMPTY!

and Dan... yes it is... I took that picture when I was showing the dump to dad at his house. Its his mug.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
mangus580 said:
Kenny, the drivers side is EMPTY!
The drivers seat is empty. What about all that stuff in the footwell and under the seat? I can tell you have never had anything roll under the pedals. LOL

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks