• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear flex hose/brake hose question

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
While replacing all flex lines on my truck, I crawled underneath to replace the two short flex hoses in the rear.
I discovered that there appears to be a modification on my truck and I wonder if this is common. The steel brake line coming from the front terminates in a square distribution block on the driver's side between the tandems and from there, two long brake hoses go to each axle.

I put the shorties away and before I could start swearing I remembered that I had a set of spare front hoses...bingo. They fit exactly.

Common? Normal? Just a wild mod from a soldier B?

Nonotagain

While replacing all flex lines on my truck, I crawled underneath to replace the two short flex hoses in the rear.
I discovered that there appears to be a modification on my truck and I wonder if this is common. The steel brake line coming from the front terminates in a square distribution block on the driver's side between the tandems and from there, two long brake hoses go to each axle.

I put the shorties away and before I could start swearing I remembered that I had a set of spare front hoses...bingo. They fit exactly.

Common? Normal? Just a wild mod from a soldier B?
Probably just using what they had in the supply chain. As long as the hoses don't get eaten by the springs or tires, life should be good.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I just pulled a set of rear hoses off a parts truck setup the same way. Splitting block and 2 long hoses.

ajg6989

Mine just went out I have to replace mine and they are the longer type the front ones are a different size thread. Maybe if someone use all front lines and brass hardware in the back then it would work

stumps

While you're at it, check the fronts....
A warning to those that change the front brake hose configuration. The clamps that hold the hose to the axle housing have bolts that go into the housing. If you don't replace those bolts, you have a direct hole into the housing and all of its GL5 oil. I found this out the hard way when my deuce went into a ditch, and it started spurting GL5 out of the bolt holes!

Whoever worked on it before I picked it up from Ft McCoy had removed the bolts from the hose clamps, and left the bolt holes wide open.

-Chuck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks