• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

rear main find

csramsey640

I am the 1st civi owner of my m1008, and shortly after bringing her home, I noticed an oil leak at the rear of the engine. Before digging in, I checked the site and saw that rear mains are common. Tonight I pulled the cap, only to find....a new style neoprene seal:| Sure enough I planned little to no seal, but its there. I pulled the seal, and have the new one in place. I have replaced a few rear mains, and I did not see anything wrong with the old seal. Hopefully when I go back together I dont have any leakers. BTW, 39k on the girl

Westech

CPL
they just dry out. even if its a new type seal a couple years of no use or just running a little bit here and there will dry it out from dry starts. thats the worst thing in the world is to not run a engine.

csramsey640

-

LOL, it wasnt until I started cleaning the pan up, that I realized they didnt use any pan gasket, just RTV, and that you could see where it was leaking right beside the rear rubber seal:roll: I replaced the rear main, and new pan gasket. No leaks...yet.