• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear Seat Belt Question

JO302

Hey everyone,

I am in the process of ordering a set of seat belts for the humvee. Has anyone here relocated the rear shoulder retractor unit from the "outside" the cab to "inside" the cab?

I read somewhere that you can do this for a cleaner look for a soft top but can't seem to find any info on mount locations or if it is different part(s). Pics are always appreciated too (y)

JeffO

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would recommend when it comes to safety use true and tried parts. The rear bracket kit is the OE solution for the non armored versions. Which truck do you have?

The correct soft top rear curtain for a 4man will have the pockets for the seat belt, btw.

FWIW

JO302

I have a M1025A2 that will have the hard top deleted and B & C pillars added for soft top. I don't want to compromise safety, so if the standard location is the safe way to do this then that answers my question!

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The kit also comes with an under the fender reinforcement if your truck does not have it. Those towers are pretty tough. I just feel OE solutions for seat belts have been engineered and tested for that application.
imho.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks