• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear sliding windows on a 1009: Anyone else get that?

chief1983

I didn't get mine from GL, so I'm thinking that they were a previous civilian enhancement. Anyone know if those were ever installed on them while still army owned? I didn't think anything of it until I realized that neither any pics on this site nor the manual seem to mention the sliding rear, yet they don't seem like they were replaced, and the top itself seems original enough.

Ken_86gt

The government did not buy them with the sliding windows. It is possible that the windows were replaced at some point, but it is most likely that they were replaced while the vehicle was not government owned.

DavidB

I had a slider and windshield in a lot from GL with other parts a while back. The boxes had NSNs etc so they were in the system.
DavidB

chief1983

Last edited:

blackhueys

got mine with them! I also know where there are 2 or 3 more complete used sets if any ones looking?