• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear Window Regulator Assembly

niferous

Ok I have searched high and low throught the TMs and the threads and I can't find anything about setting up the rear window regulator. I have it out of my truck and I guess when the guys at the glass place were in my tailgate they messed it up. So I'm trying to get the two gears to meet up in the right spot and then crank up and down like they should.

niferous

Maybe some pictures would help and more explanation would help. I was having problems with the glass going up. Every time I would try and crank the handle one full rotation it would slip like it had a broken gear. So I took the regulator out and as I was turning the little rectangular bar that operates the gears they just rotated completely out and wound up in their present state. I was looking at the gear that rotates the too arms and it may be missing a tooth. It has one spot where there would normally be a tooth but there is just a nub at the bottom where it looks like one broke.

Should I just order a new window regulator or is there supposed to be one tooth missing on that gear?

Edit to add:

Well I decided to look again at that gear and I was 99% sure that the gear had a broken tooth. So I went ahead and drilled out the 3 rivets that hold the small gear on. I did so and took the other attached pictures. Sure enough the gear was broken. I've already ordered a new window regulator from LMC truck to the tune of $143 with shipping so now I'm just wating for the new one to arrive.

Attachments

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
You will have to order a regulator. I went through all this a while back.