• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

rebuild a 6.2 or a 6.5 injection pump

84cucv1ton

i have both. going to a turbo. going to get rebuilt pump and injectors at the same time.. not sure if the 6.5 pump is worth the extra 200. heard a lot from a bunch of different people. not sure . what do you guys think?? thanks

67_C-30

i have both. going to a turbo. going to get rebuilt pump and injectors at the same time.. not sure if the 6.5 pump is worth the extra 200. heard a lot from a bunch of different people. not sure . what do you guys think?? thanks

The 6.5 pump is going to have more potential for power if you decide later you want to lower compression ratio or whatever and go for more power. The 6.2 pump will be adequate if you turn it up 1/4 - 3/8 of a turn when you put the turbo on, but its not far from maxed out there. It just depends on what you think you'll do later on.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You'll have to be more specific. Are you talking the DB-2 pump vesres the DS-4 pump? The DS-4 is eletronic. And a major piece of crap!! The DB-2 will flow plenty of fuel. Even with the marine injectors.

84cucv1ton

thanks its all stock other then a kit to stiffen the main caps. stock pump it is. save the other one for the rebuilt balanced 6.2 i will do this winter. not sure if its a db4. ones i got a from a friend. were used in early 90s buses.

67_C-30

thanks its all stock other then a kit to stiffen the main caps. stock pump it is. save the other one for the rebuilt balanced 6.2 i will do this winter. not sure if its a db4. ones i got a from a friend. were used in early 90s buses.

The DB4 is electronic, and looks totally different than your 6.2 pump. The early 6.5 is a DB-2 pump just like the 6.2 pump does.