• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rebuild progress

coolhandmatt

I decided I wasn’t ever going to use the backhoe and front loader, but I’ve always wanted a unimog since I was a young private in the engineers. I made a dump bed and planning on putting a hydraulic winch on the front. I‘ll probably only use it to get coffee. I thought it would be nice to show pictures since everyone has always been helpful on here and I know I love to see pictures of everyone’s projects.

Attachments

eisenhart

Very nice. I dig the gloss paint and your battery box!

Gloss paint is much easier to keep clean and maintain in my opinion.

Did you fabricate that battery box or buy that from some place? I'm looking for something as my battery box is totally mangled from the previous owner, oops.

coolhandmatt

Very nice. I dig the gloss paint and your battery box!

Gloss paint is much easier to keep clean and maintain in my opinion.

Did you fabricate that battery box or buy that from some place? I'm looking for something as my battery box is totally mangled from the previous owner, oops.
The battery box was a tool box from Buyers brand. It mounted easily and I used regular 12v batteries that fit in there. I did buy some battery hold downs to secure them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks