• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rebuilt Air Pack Malfunctioning!

Junglemist

I rebuilt the air pack in my Deuce and after putting it back in, brake fluid pours out the slobber tube by the air filter.

When manually bleeding the brakes with no air pressure, the fluid level rises in the tube as you bleed and will start flowing out after a few minutes of bleeding the wheel cylinders. If the truck is started, fluid will flow out once the air pressure reaches 45 psi or so without pressing the brake pedal. If the brake pedal is pressed with 30-45psi of air pressure, then fluid squirts all over the place.

I checked my lines and everything is connected correctly. So I took the air pack back off and took it apart again last night. Everything looked great. I put it back on and the problem is still there.

The vent from the master cylinder has been removed and a reservoir has been added under the hood, so the fluid can only be coming from the air pack.

Since the truck was not drivable I had to ride my bike 30 miles back in the jungle today!aua

I need some ideas as to what to try next!:???:

Junglemist

I read that thread among others and was very careful to put the seals in the correct way. When I took it apart the second time last night I rechecked everything. I figured that would be the most likely culprit.

When I took it apart the second time there was brake fluid in all areas of the air pack. There was brake fluid at the light switch, trailer air line, air inlet, large air cylinder, etc. So something inside is not sealing I guess. Is it possible that the seals in an NOS rebuild kit could be bad? I checked the rubber seals and they looked and felt good.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks